Avast Free Antivirus 2018 Offline Update Files – Avast Antivirus keeps updating its programs regularly every month for its core antivirus products (Avast Free Antivirus, Avast Internet Security, Avast Pro Antivirus, Avast Premier). Therefore, having the latest update installed is important for the antivirus to work efficiently and have complete security for your data.
There are two basic Avast Antivirus updates:
Avast Program Updates: It contains programs related to bug fixes, improvements, and new features. The update could be manual or automatic. The program update also includes an update of Engine and Virus Definitions (VPS) too.
Virus Definitions Updates: It contains the latest virus definitions for better detection rates of viruses. When a new virus comes up, we have to have a database of virus definition that can combat the new virus. These updates keep coming on a daily basis and they are fully automatic. No reinstallation of programs is needed for updating Virus Definitions.
How can I download Avast Free Antivirus 2018 Offline Update Files?
To learn more about VPS or Virus Definitions you can read about it on my.avast.com and learn.
There are two options for downloading the program version updates
Manual Update: When a new Avast Antivirus program comes up, you can easily update the older version manually. To run a manual update, you need to download latest update files, which works in offline mode also.
The only problem with manual updating is that you might miss or forget very important program updates.
Automatic Update: Instead of updating Avast Antivirus program/VPS by yourself, you should choose to do it automatically. However, the issue with Avast Antivirus automatic update is that sometimes you may find some applications installed in your system, were not even the part of your operating system itself.
To read more about Avast updates you can visit my.avast.com and find more information about different Avast Antivirus products.
Download Avast Free Antivirus 2018 Offline Update Files
If you have set up your Avast Free Antivirus program on automatic update setting, the program/VPS will be updated automatically when there is any new update in the software. But this requires an internet connection.
If you are using any version of Avast Free Antivirus and you want to manually update/install Avast Free Antivirus 2018, you can use the following steps:
- First, go to avast.com
- Go to download software.
- Click on the desired antivirus version that you want to download.
- Locate the avast_free_antivirus_setup_offline.exe in your downloads and launch the installer.
- Click Run to start installing and updating to a newer version.
- If you are an advanced user (using paid-version), you can click on to Customize and choose the components you want to install. Otherwise directly click Install.
- The update/installation process is automatically minimized to the taskbar. It will take some time, do not turn off your computer until the process is finished.
- Once the manual update process is complete, restart your computer.
- After restarting the computer, open Avast user Interface, go to Settings and find Update. In the update section, you will find the option PROGRAM. Click Update button. Avast will now check if you are running the latest version. If you are using the latest version it will show Program: Already up to date.
Manually Update Avast Using Avast Free Antivirus 2018 Offline Update Files
If you are using Avast Antivirus and you want to manually update the program, use the following steps:
- Right-click the Avast icon in your Windows system tray.
- Take the cursor to Update and select Program from the context menu.
- The Update screen will open up and it displays the progress of the Program update.
- When the update is completed, click OK. If it asks to restart your device, click Restart Now to reboot immediately.
Note: The above-mentioned steps are relevant for all Windows versions- Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Vista) and they apply to all Avast Antivirus solutions (Avast Free Antivirus, Avast Pro Antivirus, Avast Internet Security, or Avast Premier) running on the latest versions available.
I hope after reading this article, you are able to download and update Avast Free Antivirus 2018 Offline Update Files. However, in case you still are facing some inconvenience, you can contact Avast Customer Support and ask for assistance. You can visit my.avast.com and read articles for more information. #avast login